Music Banter - View Single Post - A Bundle of Recent Releases For Forum Member Discussion
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I somewhat share Dugas opinion of The North Borders in the sense that individual tracks didn't stand out, as they did on Black Sands. I just don't think this is a bad thing however. I put that album on and I completely zone out. I think it's beautiful.

I also rather enjoyed Low's album. I think they have managed to again stay with what they know but this time, they have really improved on the last few records. It doesn't approach the beauty of their stunning debut, of course, and it also doesn't go "back to their roots" but it's a marked improvement, and a worthy attempt.

As for The Strokes, I only listened to it once but I hated it. I don't know what else to say. I don't think that synth-pop is a bad route for them to take and if they were do it to really well I wouldnt even feel the need to compare a new release of theirs to Is This It but what really let me down about the new record is that Julian Casablancas already did it, and did it better, with this solo record.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote