Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Are Nerds Unpopular?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 05:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
dog
this bird has flown

yea ive always been against distinguishing people in classes- nerd, jock ect. i thought this only happened in movies, because its so ridiculous, kids wishing they were popular, and trying contantly to be liked. at my school everyone seems to like me, so i guess im "popular" but im pretty much friends with everyone, and when anyone tries to put any kids down for getting a good mark, i defend them so they dont feel bad. probably because i know how much it hurts to be critisised by a group of people and having no one to help you out - it really sucks, i was a really screwed up kid and ended up having to change schools because of it (was back in grade 1-3) , i know first hand how much bulling sucks. its like john lennon said "they hate you if youre clever, and they dispise a fool" thats exactly how it is at my school, its ridiculous, kids poke fun at a guy who knows all the answers and studies, then ridicule someone for not knowing anything, an getting low marks. these "bullies" constantly contradict themselves.
i think when bullies make fun of other kids, its to try to be more popular, and to be liked more. great essay and thread.

http://theraffinkids.bandcamp.com/

music^
dog is offline   Reply With Quote