Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #1754 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
I really don't follow the NBA at all but I'm extremely satisfied that the Thunder are out.

If Memphis does manage to get past the Spurs, they will be quickly dispatched by Miami, which will fortify my distaste for the NBA. Since 1980, there have been 20 different World Series champions, 16 Stanley Cup champions, 16 Super Bowl winners, and only 9 NBA champs, and two of those, Philadelphia and Dallas, only have one, and Houston's two during Michael Jordan's stint in minor league baseball, leaving the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Spurs and Heat. I hate that about the NBA.

Of course if, as I expect, San Antonio and Miami meet in the finals, this trend is guaranteed.
Pwwfff, I like this trend, and I'll tell you why.

See, back in the 90s my dad guided a bunch of out of state folks for various game, mostly pheasants. One of them was a former General Manager for the Spurs, who - when I was sitting in the truck with him and my dad - handed me a hat David Robinson had received during the '96 All Star game at San Antonio, which was autographed by Robinson. I guess players only get ten of this hats or something per All Star game.

So, yeah, go Spurs. Dominate the league forever. I want that hat to increase in value, goddamnit.