Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 10:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Evan
Groupie

Unhappy it's sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla
Hello and welcome Evan! I like alot of the bands you had listed, so stick around ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
I second the whole not a bad noob thing. which is good.
Thanks Vanilla and riseagainstrocks.

Quote:
and I heard something about the riots but I don't know too much yet. Have officials given any sort of reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
i heard that the whole mess started after two immigrants got killed in the subway ( by a train or electric conduits) , apparently they were being chased by the police, the rioters are claiming france is a racist country hence making the riots a social protest
The riots were ignited by the death of two teenagers of African origin who were electrocuted after comming into contact with a transformer in an electrical relay substation. The kids were apparently chased after by police officers who wanted to check their IDs.

The roots of the matter, however, leads back to the ancient problems of unemployment, racial and religious issues, poverty in the urban regions of greater Paris, as well as the underlying problems with immigrants from North and West Africa being casted aside, labeled and thus have never been fully integrated into the society. All in all it's just such a pity to see a country with so much culture to be in the state that it is now...
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote