Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #78 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Ke$ha: Animal

First of all, fuck you Ke$ha. No man should have to decide whether to use a dollar sign in a name or to preserve his dignity. Secondly my pop obsession rolls on like a tank over the trenches of World War I. If that wasn't the first WWI reference in a Ke$ha review then I fear for the world. Anyway...

God damn it. Why must I love this? Her whole style of singing makes my brain say "What godawful shit! Turn this off right now and go play a game of chess to wipe this abomination out of your brain," but it's also so cheesy that I can only love it. There isn't really much to say about the music other than it's the usual dance pop meets hip hop that has been used elsewhere since the beginning of time. The energy on display though sets it apart from the pack and makes you keep listening long after your better judgement has thrown its hands in the air and stormed off in anger. Good riddance. I don't even like to party but this kinda makes me wanna go find a frat party, do a keg stand, blackout, and then wake up on the front lawn wearing women's clothing and a sticky condom.

God damn it. Four songs of pure pop nirvana and now we get a lame ballad. Why on Earth would Ke$ha have the bad judgement to make a ballad? No one on Earth, be they teeny bopper or internet weirdo who should be filling out job applications, wants to hear Ke$ha try to wax emotional. It is somewhat amusing that the auto-tune doesn't stop even for what should be a heartfelt ballad though.

Thank god. Back to the terrible-but-glorious party pop.

God has abandoned me. Yet another ballad. Even worse. I don't entirely hate it. I know I should, but I am somehow entertained.

God be praised. "Party at a Rich Dude's House" has got to be one of the greatest names for a song of all time. The fact that the song bangs is an added bonus.

I am now at the end of the album and except for a couple questionable ballads pretty much the whole thing has made me deliriously happy. I use to assume that mainstream pop albums were terrible aside from the singles, but I am being forced to reevaluate this assumption. I'm going to have to buy a Cannibal Corpse album the next time I go to the CD store. Not to make up for anything, but just so that the clerk will give me a strange look when he sees Tomb of the Mutilated sitting on top of Ke$ha, Kylie Minogue, and Britney Spears.

Spoiler for Its the end of the film. Incidentally, this records available in the foyer. Some of us have got to live as well, you know. Who do you think pays for all this rubbish? Theyll never make their money back, you know. I told him. I said to him, "Bernie", I said, "Theyll never make their money back.":

When I was searching for a headphones pic I found this and I feel that it is worth sharing given the circumstances.
Spoiler for LOL:
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 05-24-2013 at 09:47 AM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote