Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #23606 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
So yesterday started at the DMV. I finally got a certified copy of my birth certificate, which is the one thing I didn't have to get a Washington enhanced drivers licence, which acts like a passport when driving across the US border with Canada, which means I can drive to Vancouver or take a ferry to Victoria, which I've wanted to do for YEARS. So I think this is a good day.

Then, an utterly hellish day at work. The worst yet at my current position. Fecking horrid.

So I'm finally driving home on I-5 north out of Seattle (I live in Edmonds, about 10 miles north of downtown) and I see on the electronic traffic alert signs above the freeway that I-5 is CLOSED...

...at milepost 225. *whew*. That's many miles north of me, I'll be fine.

Then I get home, and I see this news

....that is I-5, that is the way one drives to Vancouver, about halfway between myself and the border. I finally get an enhanced licence that allows me to go there, and within hours God-or-whatever-the-fuck-you-want-to-call-it, neatly severs the fecking bridge into the Skagit River. I am taking this personally. I believe that if I hadn't got the enhanced licence that bridge would be standing today and no one would have been so horrifyingly dropped into the drink

(at last word, the people that were on the bridge when it fell are all ok, their cars, not so much)
I saw that on my news feed this morning and started looking at where traffic was being directed.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote