Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #5721 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
This is something about games I've been thinking about recently... What is too short? I'm ok with most action games clocking in at about 8 hours, especially if it was fun enough to replay on higher difficulties. Then again you have some RPGs with great stories and over 40 hours of play time.

Honestly, I think the only time I've been really disappointed was with the original Devil May Cry... talk about a short game. It was still fun as hell though. There are some games where they are short but they are crap so I'm glad they are over soon. I finished Devil May Cry 2 in about 3 hours but it really blew so I wasn't too upset about it.
I generally try not to judge games by their length, unless they go on for too long like Resident Evil 4. I was quite entertained by both the gameplay and story of The Darkness II, but I definitely would have felt a little cheated if I had bought it on launch day, because a 4 hour campaign is not worth $60 unless it's Call of Duty in which case you know the multiplayer portion will be continually supported and populated.

Anyways I finally got S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky working properly and am enjoying it quite a bit. I loved the first one, and this one is pretty big improvement on some of the more technical aspects of the game, like the GUI and environments.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote