Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #359 (permalink)
zman419
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLPOCALYPSE View Post
I've never really understood the post-hardcore label as it was mentioned earlier in this thread. Fall of Troy is supposedly post-hardcore, but I've frequently seen Attack Attack get the label too. Then there are the good post-hardcore bands like Touche Amore, At The Drive-In, Glassjaw, (maybe Titlefight?), which make the most sense to me (like post-metal, but for hardcore punk, usually more experimental and melodic).

The way I see it, Fall of Troy is just metalcore/mathcore. Attack Attack is just metalcore/crabcore/sh*tcore.

If something could be described as post-hardcore, it doesn't really belong on Rock&Metal. I'm just pointing that out so yet another genre doesn't get ignored due to association with Attack Attack and the like. Post-hardcore has some great bands and is worth looking into. Attack Attack is just metalcore that has been even further watered down and mixed with Nintendo sounds. They take the emo aspects in the wrong direction (lyrics and image don't help). If someone knows why they and other trancecore/crabcore bands are classified as post-hardcore, please enlighten me.

Metalcore has some great bands, some of which have already been mentioned. Since the genre is so broad it is going to be full of terrible acts, hence the hate it gets. Since nu metal is pretty much extinct, metalcore is going to inherit all the hate.
Honestly, I realize how little talent attack attack has, but there's just some indescribable thing I like about them. Maybe its the electronic influences they're music. However their lack of talent is honestly over exagerated. Listening to a lot of their songs I think breakdowns are mostly out of choice than limitations due to lack of talent, because breakdowns are an important part of metalcore. If you're in a metalcore band you pretty much have to write breakdowns, it's pretty much law.
zman419 is offline   Reply With Quote