Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #294 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Despite this knowledge of hindsight, Casablanca records were initially somewhat dubious of releasing a live double album of the band, as the label had already faced a flop from one of their fellow artists the comedian Johnny Carson that same year, but luckily Casablanca soon convinced themselves that a live Kiss album would be a viable outlet to further enhance the band’s record sales and boost their own pockets.
I agree - I'm still trying to go through the Carson album in total! I would call Kiss Alive the very album that caved Casablanca from going out of business. It should also be said around the time of the first Kiss album (and even the failure to get Marc Bolan another chance in The US as the T Rex compilation Light of Love flopped as well, trivia fans), he decided to stop Warner Brothers from distributing the label with a buy out. After that, the Carson album was unleashed and very quickly brought back to where it came from in a manner that would possibly make the infamous Bee Gees Sgt. Pepper Soundtrack fiasco look like a real hit. A hit had to happen, and this was it!
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote