Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #152 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Do you mean you don't fit borderline because of the lack of mood swings?

Can I ask how the GAD manifests? You said you felt it was morphing into something more serious?
I'm not sure... The psych had told me I was a borderline psychopath and I'm still unsure of what that means. There's criteria that I fall into and criteria that I don't fit. I guess it's not as cut and dry as it seems. Maybe I need to get a second opinion, but my problem with seeing psychiatrists is that I know how to manipulate the treatment so they think there's nothing wrong with me. CBT for my anxiety didn't end up working because I lied and said it was working and I was managing. I don't know how to stop manipulating treatments, so maybe I need to go see a more highly trained psychiatrist? But I can just handle it on my own so I think I'll be okay.

I don't have extreme mood swings outside of occasional PMS or whatever, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Ok that's interesting, I honestly don't know much about it but I think it seems that you manage it well. At the end of the day its about understanding from others to why you may not behave exactly as others do.
Yeah, I think understanding that is really important. I understand and accept that I don't find myself reacting "typically" to certain situations, simply because I can't.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote