Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #154 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
LMFAO I just misread this about a hundred percent, in my world, CBT is cock and ball torture...then I realised cognitive behavioural therapy...I was like, BD what the fuck?

Therapy is difficult for everyone I think, if you don't have a therapist you can trust, but I don't think that necessarily everyone with mental problems needs a therapist, often enough if you have a trusted friend/lover that can be very helpful with dealing with mental illness. I have a great group of GF's myself that I now know I can come to with my problems because I know I won't be judged and several of them know exactly how I feel because they go through similar things and I know that whatever happens they're there to love and support me whatever I do.
Obviously I wasn't quite thinking when I typed that, lol. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, yes

No, I don't think everyone needs or benefits from therapy either. I don't think I've benefited from it at all, really. I too, have really great people in my life who know me so well and who make a great support system, which is why I believe I can manage without seeing doctors all the time.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote