Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #155 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Obviously I wasn't quite thinking when I typed that, lol. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, yes

No, I don't think everyone needs or benefits from therapy either. I don't think I've benefited from it at all, really. I too, have really great people in my life who know me so well and who make a great support system, which is why I believe I can manage without seeing doctors all the time.
I don't think most people realise that CBT is cock and ball torture though ahahahahah

I agree on that, but I think sometimes doctors are necessary, because of the stigma on mental illness, we seem to blame ourselves for it mostly (or we're conditioned to do so) and I know personally I've always felt I was weak for seeking help for my own, even though it is a serious illness that can seriously **** up all my relationships. However, I now realise that it's not weak to admit you might need help carrying your burdens. Also, I think it's important to do your own research about medications, and find a doctor who listens to you. I only see a GP now but she's good at listening to me and trusts me to know what I need. Also I think that women doctors are better in general if you're female because it's easier to trust a woman.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote