Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #166 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
It is so beautiful and so amazing that you have made these decisions to really follow what you want. I remember when I realized that I don't label myself as anything specific regarding sexuality and it would annoy me when people would try and define me.
And I remember when I took Queer Lit. and people were telling me all of these different labels they ahve heard of and it was just SO overhwleming to me because labels were never a thing. I've only ever really defined myself as "Puerto Rican" and even then, I keep that to myself for the sake of keeping it personal.
I'm just glad to see you happy and I'm always glad when someone has that moment when they finally have their own definition. I was in a nurse's office and she told me "You know, you really don't have to find a label right now. You can just be you." Or something along those lines and I just felt like someone had told me something, or given me permission even, to let go of what everyone else thought and simply be me.
It is so amazing really.
I know we've grown so much and especially we've grown together over the coure of our entire friendship, too bad idiots on here seem to think we just back each other up because we're friends, rather than we agree on issues because we are such close friends. Isn't it great to really be comfortable and safe in your identity and have good friends who'll accept and help you throughout everything? I'd hate to be anything else, it'd be so ****ed up and wrong.

That's really kind of the nurse, she sounds like my friend Olive, I talked to her about my issues before I really came to clarity on it and she's like "there's no ****ing such thing as NOT BEING QUEER ENOUGH!" and I was like OMFG YOURE SO RIGHT
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote