Music Banter - View Single Post - Arctic Monkeys
Thread: Arctic Monkeys
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indie Bar Kid
Hyped beyond all belief and not half as genius as the press would have you believe...

So yeah I fucking love them.

There's no escaping the comparisons to all manner of Brit bands, especially the Libs, but to be honest their songs so far mop the coke-lined floor with Doherty and Barat. His lyrics are truly witty and clever (the proof that love's not only blind but deaf; don't do major credit cards, doubt she does receipts etc.) and Mother of Muffins Almighty they have some funkadelic basslines. Just listen to Scummy (When The Lights Go Down) for the proof of that, tis amazing indeed. And the fact one of their worst songs managed to do what Coldplay, Franz, the Libs and Michelle McManus (well, again) can't quite reach shows they may well be [WARNING: NME OVERSTATEMENT IMMINENT] one of the most important bands of this generation, or at least a worthwhile distraction while we wait for the Strokes to figure out how to turn the distortion off on Jules' mic.

"Youre not from New York City, Youre from Rotheram, So get off the bandwagon and put down the handbook"
i think i bet that you look good on the dancefloor absolutely owns. and i havent heard one single song yet that captures the teenage psyche quite so aptly as "bigger boys and stolen sweethearts"
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote