Music Banter - View Single Post - I just came to say HELLO!
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Joekie
Groupie

Favourite artists is always a difficult question to me. I LIKE SO MUCH! :') Eh..if I have to name a few in random styles: I love Katzenjammer, Muse, Madness, La Pegatina, Will and the People, Caro Emerald, Eva Cassidy, Johnny Cash and Right Said Fred. Now tell me who I am from that!

I recently rediscovered my love for metal too. So I've been listening to Pantera and Dragonforce.

And the recent more blues artists I've been listening to: Melody Gardot, Anthony David, Otis Redding, Tom Waits.

My favourite album is without a doubt 'De Speeldoos'. It's a collaboration of two Dutch artists, Roos Rebergen (Roosbeef) and Torre Florim (De Staat), who wrote songs combining both their styles (rock and eh I don't know, trippy pop?) and for the lyrics they used poems written by mentally disabled people. And the result is just brilliant.

I'd love to supply you guys with my youtube 'songs I like' so you can get an idea of what I like. But I'll have to wait until I've made 15 posts.

Movies..eh..not much of a movie addict, but my favourite movies: I am Sam, Moulin Rouge, other musicals, Magnolia, Dogville -not a fun watch, but very captivating- Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, The Net, Perfume. And of course the standard bunch of movies: Lord of the Rings, Matrix, Star Wars.
Joekie is offline   Reply With Quote