Music Banter - View Single Post - Dr. Dre Vs. Ice Cube Vs. Eazy-E
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #212 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
The thing with The Chronic is that the best part about it is the production. Snoop is nice and all and his delivery was totally unique for the time but both him and the others only talk about gangsta ****. To me, that makes the album feel a little two-dimensional. Granted, 2001 is even worse with the gangsta and misogynistic lyrics BUT it's also better on the production tip. (imo) I wish 2001 had more Em and more Snoop.
The subject matter is average at best on both albums, if you're listening to a Dre album then you're not listening to it for the lyrics, but The Chronic has the better production. If you were asked to think of the quintessential West Coast sound, you'd straight away think of the G-Funk thing Dre did. Tracks like Deez Nuts, FWDD, What's My Name, Can't C Me etc.

I think some of the beats on 2001 sound a bit dated now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Hm, a lot of people LOVE Eminem Show. I don't mind it but "Drips" alone makes it worse than his last two.
Think it's cos at the time he made SSLP and MMLP the Bass Brothers did most of the production then on TES he did it himself. It was alright given he produced a lot of the beats I guess.

Also I don't think Eminem is that good when he's being honest, when he did tracks like Hailie's Song, My Dad's Gone Crazy, Cleanin' Out My Closet they were just corny for the most part, he's better when he's being a crazy, drugged up cunt (Role Model, My Fault, Drug Ballad, Guilty Conscience.) That was always the appeal for me when I first started listening to him.

Last edited by Cuthbert; 05-28-2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Two successive posts merged. Don't wanna piss the mods off by turbo posting.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote