Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #19516 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post

MADLIB - MEDICINE SHOW #5 (2010)
I listened to 'Shades of Blue' yonks ago now and I loved that. However I never got around to checking anything else out and so I gave this a spin the other day based on its RYM rating, without realising that it seems to be a compilation. I liked it, quite chilled beats, mostly instrumental hip-hop, a little jazzy in places - but now I realise it's a compilation of what seems to be cassette, unreleased stuff (not that theres particularly anything wrong with that) can anyone suggest any other studio albums of his to check out?
I'm not a Madlib expert by any means, but I know how daunting a challenge it can be to tackle his discography. It's fairly massive, sifting out the great from the good is almost impossible.

I suggest listening to Madvillainy if you haven't already. It's Madlib's beats with MF DOOM on vocals. I also highly recommend anything that he does under the Quasimoto moniker, those few albums are all really awesome. And finally, anything of his with his Yesterday's New Quintet project will probably be right up your alley, it's all nu-jazz and such.

But really, you shouldn't be too concerned. As far as I can tell, Madlib hasn't recorded anything bad, ever. Everything I've heard from him has been top-notch, just choose something at random and get happy.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote