Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer vs Metallica
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #278 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Definitely, and it started before that really. Seasons In The Abyss is very pop in a lot of ways. Lot's of catchy lyrics and riffs on Reign In Blood too. Same can easily be said about Metallica. They started doing a lot more with every album as well after Kill Em All. I'd just say that Slayer doing metal beats Metallica, and Slayer doing rock beats Metallica.
Metallica had melody and hooks in Kill 'Em All. That is one of the best reasons I love that album; metal meeting melody and hooks, which is the reason they are supposedly that big band that changed it all - not just thrash, I tell ya. You might not notice it if you're more into that raw metal sound, but it's definitely there. Like with Diabolus in Musica, Metallica always had that catchiness to their music. And that is probably why you do not like them.

I love raw energy, and I love catchy tunes, along with melody. It's too bad others do not so much, but that's why old Slayer is there; for those who aren't too into the mold that Metallica went for...
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote