Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 02:32 AM   #19518 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post

Extraordinary. Early Bob Dylan, Jeff Buckley and John Martyn in a new package.
That is one hell of a claim to make. I'm almost definitely going to check this out based on that comparison alone, but thats a long way to fall mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
I'm not a Madlib expert by any means, but I know how daunting a challenge it can be to tackle his discography. It's fairly massive, sifting out the great from the good is almost impossible.

I suggest listening to Madvillainy if you haven't already. It's Madlib's beats with MF DOOM on vocals. I also highly recommend anything that he does under the Quasimoto moniker, those few albums are all really awesome. And finally, anything of his with his Yesterday's New Quintet project will probably be right up your alley, it's all nu-jazz and such.

But really, you shouldn't be too concerned. As far as I can tell, Madlib hasn't recorded anything bad, ever. Everything I've heard from him has been top-notch, just choose something at random and get happy.
Cheers for the advice.

I have heard Madvillainy, yeah but I'll make a dent in the rest of his discog sooner or later.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote