Music Banter - View Single Post - Dr. Dre Vs. Ice Cube Vs. Eazy-E
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #214 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
The subject matter is average at best on both albums, if you're listening to a Dre album then you're not listening to it for the lyrics, but The Chronic has the better production. If you were asked to think of the quintessential West Coast sound, you'd straight away think of the G-Funk thing Dre did. Tracks like Deez Nuts, FWDD, What's My Name, Can't C Me etc.

I think some of the beats on 2001 sound a bit dated now.

Think it's cos at the time he made SSLP and MMLP the Bass Brothers did most of the production then on TES he did it himself. It was alright given he produced a lot of the beats I guess.

Also I don't think Eminem is that good when he's being honest, when he did tracks like Hailie's Song, My Dad's Gone Crazy, Cleanin' Out My Closet they were just corny for the most part, he's better when he's being a crazy, drugged up cunt (Role Model, My Fault, Drug Ballad, Guilty Conscience.) That was always the appeal for me when I first started listening to him.
True, sometimes his execution comes off contrived but at least he's willing to try something different and show that he's not a one-trick pony.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote