Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #85 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Madonna: Erotica

I just accidentally fucking deleted this review. Shit piss! Now I have to do the whole thing over again. Fucking shit piss!!! I'm too lazy for this cock sweat.

Yesterday I wasn't sold on this album completely at first just because the hooks aren't the focus on here like you might expect from a pop album. The dance beats are what catch and hold your attention. Hip hop beats mate with smooth jazz and both of them tag team dance pop to make an album that's dancable but at the same time laid back and sensual. Yet for all the sex this album is strangely cold and detached. It seems to be above its own sexuality. This isn't so much music for a night of sweet love making, or even for a not, dirty one night stand. This is music for unprotected public bathroom sex with a total stranger that leaves one sitting on the dirty toilet staring at the cinder block wall wondering how you can keep doing this to yourself.

On the first song, the title track, Madonna's vocals aren't sexy so much as they are predatory. As a dude this makes me imagine what it would be like to be a hot chick walking by a construction site. I'm still more than happy to listen to this song though, since it's been stuck in my head ever since yesterday.

I can definitely see how Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera and Lady GaGa are all pitifully derivative of Madonna. Nothing I've ever heard from them are this original though. I don't honestly know if record companies would even let a mainstream artist do something this risky these days. This is definitely one of the most fantabulous pop albums I've ever heard.

Spoiler for There is no dog.:

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote