Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Guitars?
Thread: Metal Guitars?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Actually ESP does have a really great metal sound at a reasonable price. I don't see the problem. The KH-2 model seems well suited for people that want a great crunchy sound. GB is absolutely right in saying that every great sound comes with both a great guitar and a great amp. I'd even go as far as to say you should experiment with some pedals before re-upping on another guitar. You may find that you can get a semblance of a metal sound by adding the right pedals to your current setup.
Absolutely. I use to have a DOD Death Metal pedal that was VERY versatile. Wish I still had it.

FX86 Death Metal Distortion Review | DOD | Guitar Effects | Reviews @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Also, look into not only "Active" pick-ups (which can be a pain because they require a battery), but better pickups, since you have a low end Strat and the pickups as well as electronics are sub-par at best.

JB Modelâ„¢ SH-4 and TB-4 - Seymour Duncan High Output

As far as a guitar... well there's quite a few people with quite a few opinions on that. A good safe way to go would be the Schecter route. Great guitars for the money.

Schecter Guitar Research | Guitar Center

Good luck on your quest.