Music Banter - View Single Post - Which metal bands should I go see at this festival?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
anathematized_one
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLPOCALYPSE View Post
I would kill to see At the Gates. Maybe they'll announce a new album at the show
Doubtful, then again, I didn't even know they got back together again. I mean, they've got back together twice before only to play live. If I remember correctly, half of the members really can't stand one-another and that is why they split to begin with.

Quote:
[concerning the original reunion]
Anders Björler commented on the reunion:

“Well, it felt like the timing was right for once. We have been talking about a possible reunion for years now, but this was the first time everything fell into place. For me personally, it feels like getting closure. The break-up over ten years ago was abrupt and left a bad vibe between us that took years to get over. We have a better relationship today and a more relaxed approach to who we are and what we do. The time is right to get together and play some shows. Try to catch us live in the summer 2008. It could be your last chance."

On the band's official website, Björler declared that "it would be pointless to release something more than ten years after Slaughter of the Soul" and "would just disappoint people."[9]

When asked in October 2007 if the band was planning on writing a new album, Lindberg replied:

“No new record will be recorded. The legacy of Slaughter of the Soul will remain intact. It would be fun to write together, but not under the name of At the Gates."

In October 2012, Tomas Lindberg stated that he would not say "never" to the possibility of At the Gates recording again.
Now bear in mind mind the Björler brothers are the cornerstone and state they seriously doubt they will and it is only Lindberg who seems to hold out hope of that.

Last edited by anathematized_one; 05-30-2013 at 03:40 PM.
anathematized_one is offline   Reply With Quote