Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 05:40 AM   #401 (permalink)
zman419
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLPOCALYPSE View Post
This discussion isn't going to get anywhere if you think there is no level of objectivity to anything.

My final answer to your original question: Metalcore gets a lot of hate because there are a lot of people that think it is really ****ty. It's as simple as that.

I was 16 when I joined this particular forum (I am now 19). In that short amount of time my tastes have broadened immensely, and I like all kinds of music that I never thought I would. I also hate a lot of music that I used to like (reading some of my old posts can be cringe-inducing). What I can tell you is that if you actually try listening to new things you'll probably hate Attack Attack less than a year from now.
I like to think a have fairly broad horizons, I'd give a list of my itunes playlist but you prolly don't care. I do listen to a lot of metal/ post-core however I listen to bands like Dream Theater, Iron Maiden Rise Against, Bad religion, Angra, Cannibal Corpse and Cage the elephant. I will fully admit although I like attack attack, I was never extremely fond of them. Like I liked them ok, but they're not even close to my favorite.
zman419 is offline   Reply With Quote