Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #405 (permalink)
MyName
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
Metal has its own culture, so getting the majority of general people to judge it is completely pointless. 80% (or so) of my peers listen to Justin Bieber, One Direction and Nicki Minaj, and couldn't define metal if they had a gun pointed at their head (I'm struggling at it, too). The majority of headbangers will say that heavy-, power- and whatever-metal is music sent by angels, and that nu metal and metalcore is utter crap.

Say you have $100. A small cheeseburger at McDonald's costs $2, but a premium steak at the restaurant right next to it costs $100, and there is a queue. What do you choose? Do you choose low-quality mass-produced junk food just because it's easy, cheap and everyone else does it, or the less "accessible" and expensive, but still tasty steak approved by people who know their stuff?

Decide for yourself what you think the burger is. And by the way, I think most people, of most ages, can admit to enjoying burgers on occasion.
I'd choose chicken breast. It's cheaper than a steak, healthier and when prepared the right way really tasty. You can also eat a lot of it without getting fat since it's low calorie meal and it's great for building/maintaining muscle.
MyName is offline   Reply With Quote