Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #2992 (permalink)
Joekie
Groupie

Oh Download! I've heard of that one too. That's in the UK right? I would love to see Metallica. Haven't seen them live yet. I'm going to Zwarte Cross as mentioned above. But I don't think that's the best festival. I find it hard to choose my favourite festival as there are a lot of festivals that have good things going for them and as I haven't been to a lot of festivals that I've heard are pretty good.

So European festivals that are still on my list of festivals to visit: Roskilde, RockWerchter, Sziget, Exit.

My favourite festival at the moment is a tie between the Lowlands Festival and Eurosonic.
I've also been to Pinkpop (Landgraaf, the Netherlands), but I didn't really like it. Eurosonic is a festival in January or February in Groningen (the Netherlands) that's all about discovering new European talent. The venues where bands are playing are great: theatres, musea, churches and cafes. The best thing about it is that you really get to see upcoming talent, you can enjoy music the whole day through and the atmosphere is great and you can sleep in a real bed as there is no camping.

My other favourite is Lowlands in Biddinghuizen, The Netherlands. The line-up is almost always good. And there's always so much to do besides the music. There's theatre, comedians, dance, politics, university lectures, movies. And there are so many different musical styles represented on the festival that it's a great mix of people coming to the festival. And everyone is nice and friendly to each other. You can expect to be hugged with the message that you have to pass this hug on to three strangers and other things like that. At the Lowlands Festival you are never alone.

― Terry Pratchett, Soul Music
Joekie is offline   Reply With Quote