Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #9562 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Alpine - A Is For Alpine (2013)

An album like this is the reason I don't mind sifting through what seem like endless forgettable indie albums. I had never heard of these guys...it was more or less a random pick, but I can safely say I'll be listening to this quite a bit. To give you an idea of their sound - I could have sworn they were from Scandinavia. Scandinavians that knew how to make a very catchy indie pop song. Turns out they are from Australia. While I can try to pick out highlights from this album, I can safely say this album is good from start to finish. They explore a sound that's first impression is that it can easily become stale, but they are able to mine that sound for consistently catchy and interesting songs. They know how to give a song just enough crunch to keep it interesting right when you might start to get tired of a particular hook...and they really like their hooks. Nearly every song has something to offer, which is impressive for a pop album. And it definitely is a pop album. It's definitely worth checking out.

I'll just go ahead and say the first video is probably NSFW...but definitely interesting...