Music Banter - View Single Post - A review of Facedown Fest
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Mattox and myself got there about 7. We missed Redemption Song. They aren't that good so it's not a huge deal.

First up Jesus Wept. They are more awesome than I thought. We only got too see 3 songs, One Hand In Hell, a new one that i don't know, and SICK CITY!!!!!!!!! Such a damn good song. Word

Alove For Enemies: Second best band of the night. Amazing live show and when they played Broken Pledge about 50 people (myself included) swarmed the stage to join in on the "pick up your cross, and get back in the fight" line. soooo good.

Bloody Sunday: I don't like them. We got drinks during their set.

Bloodlined Calligraphy: In the first 10 seconds the singer slipped of the stage and broke her leg. So what did she do? She sat in a chair and sang while anyone who knew the words grabbed the other two mics. They had roughly 20 frontmen during their live set. The only metal band of the night. Good stuff.

Symphony In Peril: Last East Coast show ever. I am sad as hell. But I got to see them. They opened with Revolving Door Romance and went straight into The Quotodian Succession. Shawn preached a bit and the vast majority of the crowd was Christian so it was well recieved. They played For Now We See In A Mirror, Shadow Over A Bleeding Heart, The Whore's Trophy I and II, and This Flame Breeds Disbelief. and for the encore. Lament. The perfect way to close out the perfect set. I'm going to miss these guys. I got Shawn to sign my Lost Memoirs cd. I also gave him a big hug. That guy is super cool.

amazing night. I didn't dance much, most of the was spent singing along. Super fun, good energetic crowd.

I love hardcore.