Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Albums I have never heard
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'm open to suggestions for albums, though generally I'm gong to tend to stay within my own preferred genres. So it's not likely I'll be listening to "Never mind the bollocks" anytime soon! Of course, if someone can make a persuasive argument for why I should listen to a particular album I'll be prepared to listen.
OK then
You've been here, what 5 years now and in all that time I've never really seen you pushed out of your comfort zone.
I just think the fact you're listening to stuff you've not heard before is an opportunity to look at stuff you wouldn't normally listen to.

Plus let's be honest, you write lots of reviews. Now I know you've not heard Close To The Edge and while that does surprise me given your tastes you pretty much know what to expect from that album. I'd much rather throw something like Funkadelic's Maggot Brain or Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica at you and say 'Now let's see what you make of this'. Obviously I'm not saying don't do Yes. I just think that this journal will be more interesting if you pushed the unknown a bit more.

Oh and if I was to write a list of 5 classic albums for you....

David Bowie - Low
Primal Scream - Screamadelica
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
P.I.L. - Metal Box / Second Edition
Black Flag - Damaged

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote