Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #5732 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I've been enjoying the **** out of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. I had never played any of the other Far Cry games, but after playing the demo I decided this was a game for me. This game is every great 80's action movie rolled into one awesome FPS. This game manages to pay homage to virtually every one of my favorite movies from that era. On top of all that, Michael Biehn voices the main character Rex Power Colt. The cut scenes, the gameplay, the music...there was no way I wasn't going to love this game. The over the top attitude is what Duke Nukem Forever should have been.

Just to give you an idea of how over the top it is:

After offering Rex some drugs:

Dr. Darling: Listen. This will make you more like Sloan. Powerful but without the side effects.
Rex: No, Doc. No way. I swore an oath to a special lady.
Dr. Darling: Your...wife?
Rex: No. Lady Liberty. She taught me that winners don't use drugs.

Hell. Yes.
I know it's only $14.99, but I'm still waiting for the Steam Summer Sale to buy it, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I sorta hated 2033, but Last Light was great. If you haven't tried it, you should. It's definitely not as hard as 2033, but it's put together well. Don't worry about the ranger mode thing. Just play on the highest difficulty. It's hard enough.
Metro 2033 is a hard game to feel anything other than "well that was okay" when you're done playing it. It's not really that broken (unless you're playing a console version) but trying to stealth your way through a level was pretty hard. I got the game by liking THQ on Facebook back in late 2012 just as they were filing for bankruptcy so I can't complain too much, but I am definitely looking forward to Metro: Last Light, although I'm definitely waiting for the summer sale to pick it up.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote