Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Albums I have never heard
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Thanks for all the replies guys. Few comments then:

Close to the edge: why are you guys so surprised I've never heard this? I've made it plain that I have only heard and enjoyed "later" Yes, from 90125 on, and that what I heard of "classic Yes" I thought overlong, boring and pretentious and I lost interest quickly in it. That said, yes I understand it's a classic prog album which is why it's on the list.

Sex Pistols: No. I don't care how classic it may be seen as, I bloody HATE the SP and everything they stood for. I have no intention of ever listening to them, and it's not because I'm scared, or they're outside my comfort zone: it's simply that I dislike them so much. No punk fan, I!

Urban: never stepped out of my comfort zone? You're talking to the guy who fearlessly went where other reviewers fear to tread, deep into the wilds of Boybandland. I still wake shivering every few nights about that! And have you not seen "The Meat Grinder"? Still, yes, I don't tend to push myself very much but you see I don't want to. I'm happy to listen to music for enjoyment, not to show how diverse a taste I have, like you, Jack or Goofle. Don't need that validation thanks. But I will take on your list. Let's see: was gonna do Mezzanine anyway, Low I heard once, once only as a very young lad (Eno's involved in that, isn't he?) and I may look at PIL, though I might go for BAD instead. Or both. Primal Scream? Don't know jack about them, will have to read up, unless you want to give me a clue.

As for Captain Beefheart: yeah I'll give him a go. I only ever heard "Ice cream for crow" (the song) once and thought it was hilarious, but a whole album might be interesting.

DJ: I'll take Peter Tosh, Janet and EWF thanks. I'll add them to the list.

See the thing is I know you all would like to see me explore albums I'd normally not touch, but that's not the point of this journal. If I did that then I'd miss getting to hear all those classic albums I have never heard, and this would become instead "Trollheart walks on the wild side" instead. Hmmm...

No, no! Four journals is more than any man should ever have to update. No more! No. More. Well, maybe just one. NO. Definitely not. Ever. Maybe.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will be back with my list soon as.
And thanks for the interest already.
TH