Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Albums I have never heard
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

Urban: never stepped out of my comfort zone? You're talking to the guy who fearlessly went where other reviewers fear to tread, deep into the wilds of Boybandland. I still wake shivering every few nights about that! And have you not seen "The Meat Grinder"? Still, yes, I don't tend to push myself very much but you see I don't want to. I'm happy to listen to music for enjoyment, not to show how diverse a taste I have, like you, Jack or Goofle. Don't need that validation thanks. But I will take on your list. Let's see: was gonna do Mezzanine anyway, Low I heard once, once only as a very young lad (Eno's involved in that, isn't he?) and I may look at PIL, though I might go for BAD instead. Or both. Primal Scream? Don't know jack about them, will have to read up, unless you want to give me a clue.
I can turn on a TV or a radio and hear a boyband, that's not pushing someone out of their comfort zone that's self abuse.

Besides I wouldn't say I was pushing you to validate yourself, I know you don't want to do that which is why all 5 of the albums I carefully chose have their roots in rock music, even Mezzanine which I think of more as a rock album than an electronic one.

Well apart from the Black Flag one, that was just to **** with you

Primal Scream ... For that album think The Rolling Stones meets acid house

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote