Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #453 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I think it's a mistake to make a commitment to who you are in life before you've taken any time at all to figure it out. I judge women under 25, especially under 18, who get pregnant. I think people should live a little, have some experiences, learn who they are, and learn how to be a decent person before they end their opportunities and pass all of that confusion on down the line. Does it turn out fine for people? I'm sure it does in many cases. I'm sure many more settle for it and live happily enough. But it's something that can easily be postponed until you've experienced life some, and to skip doing that is, in my opinion, a huge mistake.

On top of that, I really don't think the world needs any more people in it at the moment, for varying political, environmental, and sociological reasons.

I'm sure that you could pick my standpoint apart quite easily from a feminist perspective, but I'm not claiming it's airtight. It is how I feel, however. I judge people, and I am a flawed individual under the judgment of others.
I agree 100%. And I don't know that I am justified in judging someone for having a child at a young age, but I can't help but do it anyway. My mother may not have been a teenager when she had me, but she was definitely not mentally, emotionally, or financially ready to have a child and we have both suffered because of it. So I can't help but let some of my bitterness come to the surface when I see a child use child logic to justify having another child when they're in no way fit to have one at the current time.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote