Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums of 2013
Thread: Albums of 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #254 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
I have to say we've been spoilt for choice with albums this year. It's officially June so this prompts me to share a half way point AOTY list. This is what I've got so far.

1. The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation
2. Justin Timberlake - 20/20 Experience
3. Sadistick - Flowers For My Father
4. Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve
5. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
6. BIG K.R.I.T. - King Remembered In Time
7. James Blake - Overgrown
8. This Town Needs Guns - 13.0.0.0
9. Frank Turner - Tape Deck Heart
10. Queens of the Stone Age - Like Clockwork (Listening now)

Obviously subject to change, what's everyone else got?
The ones I bolded are the albums from your list I've listened to this year. Can't say The National's new album did anything for me off the bat, but I suspect that will change upon further listening like all their albums do.

I'm still not sure where I'm at on Sadistiks's new album though, there are some good songs, but there are some corny ones too, still I have to give it up to the guy, he bought like 10,000 copies and was giving them away for free, only had to pay for shipping, so that was pretty cool of him.

I spun Streetlight Manifesto's new album on Saturday but it really didn't sound far different from their other ones, and they all kind of bleed together into one sound. I really wish a new Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution album would come out, but it's going on 12 years since their EP so I highly doubt anything else is going to happen from that sub-group of Streetlight Manifesto.

Spinning the new QOTSA album right now and I really liked the first track.

Anyways as for my list... I've listened to quite a few albums from 2013, but I really can't remember that many. There's only a few I know I don't like, with a bunch of maybes, so I suspect my list will change quite drastically come December.

Anyhow here's my list

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
David Bowie - The Next Day
Iceage - You're Nothing
Finntroll - Blodsvept

I think those are the only four right now that I feel like ranking, everything else either requires another listen before I feel comfortable on passing judgement, or I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. I'm definitely enjoying the new QOTSA album though, I can definitely see it on my list by December.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote