Music Banter - View Single Post - London attack/beheading
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #173 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I don't understand your question.

The article did not mentioned the reason behind EDL protest or explain their views and whether they were extremist views or not. Was EDL there to protest the brutal murder of Lee Rigby? Honestly I don't know. But so soon after the incident you think there would be some correlation York mosque protest and Woolwich murder - maybe there is... maybe there isn't. Still it seems strange to me why reason the protest was left out in that article. It seems regardless of their intentions it should be automatically assumed wrong, and it's such a grand thing to offer them tea and biscuits. While on the other hand you some one like Omar Bakri who openly supports violent murder. And who is there to correct his views?

Maybe Shimon Peres should invite Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Isreal for some hamantaschen.
Ah ok, well the EDL have been demonstrating and protesting here since the Woolwich murder, yes. Basically, the way I see it, and the way lots of other people see it, including Lee Rigbys family and regiment, is that they are exploiting the event for the benefit of their own agenda and at a time where they hope certain buttons have been pushed and they may just be able to increase their exposure and membership.

Thats why I questioned the connections you were making, cause obviously in this instance they are largely irrelevant. I felt the York mosque story was a nice, albeit small gesture, as the EDL are basically challenging one of set of extremist views with their own.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote