Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #5739 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

I own both Borderlands games and they both disappointed me. The premise is great, a skill based shooter with random drops, what can go wrong ? A love child of diablo and CoD would be awesome .... in theory. The shooting is not as satisfying as I was hoping it would be (though it turned me into a fan of revolvers in games), the story while often quite funny is presented in such a way you don't really get involved emotionally. 1st part was tragic, 2nd one is a lot better but still suffers from the same problem -the farther you are the less engulfing it is.

What I'm currently playing - I got Planescape: Torment on gog.com. I remember saving for 2 months or so back when it came out initially to buy it, I got the collectors edition with a mouse pad and a t-shirt, it was amazing back then. And now ....
once you mod it so it supports some sensible screen resolutions
it's almost just as good! The story is still great, characters unique, everything that made the original stand out is still there and is doing fine. The interface didn't age as well, but it's still playable and only annoying occasionally.
Something I'm not yet playing but probably will: a modder has been, for the last 7 years, re creating Baldur's gate along with the add on to run on the Neverwinter Nights 2 engine. It's finally complete and can be found here, I can't wait to try it out.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote