Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Funny Picture Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #3141 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
No offense taken. I know you didnt mean any as you are Trollheart one of musicbanter most ballin posters. I am curious what kind of humor you find funny though. Video's comedians etc?
OK well I like the classics. I like comedy that seems clever --- your Fawlty Towers, your Frasiers, that sort of thing. But then, I also love Bottom, Young Ones, Black Adder, Red Dwarf but hate Little Britain, Gimme gimme gimme and Last of the summer wine and th Good life, and despise Friends. I guess it's more a case of what appeals to me rather than what's actually funny. I could I suppose laugh at something in Little Britain but find the rest of it totally stupid and pointless. I like to be entertained, as does anyone, but I also like to be challenged a little, like why is something funny? It might relate back to something else, be an in-joke or a clever pun perhaps.

Stand-ups I don't usually watch or rate, though two exceptions would be Dylan Moran and the mighty, kingly troll Bill Bailey. I also like Lenny Henry but not Lee wotsit, he of the monkey face. I'm also totally averse to comedy/comedians who get their laughs solely by using bad language or slagging off someone or some ethnic group. And yet I like Alf Garnet, but then that was only in fun.

Evans, that's it. Lee Evans. Can't stand him.