Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #23737 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post
So I'm a little worried about something. I used to be able to piss without any stops or little spurts, but now I can never pee without it being somewhat blocked. My brother jokes it's an STD but I'm sure it's not. I hope not.
Try adding cranberry juice to your diet.

Quote:
Potential anti-adhesion properties

There is potential benefit of cranberry juice consumption (300mL of cranberry juice per day) against bacterial infections in the urinary system. Laboratory research shows that a possible effect may occur from a component of the juice inhibiting bacterial attachment to the bladder and urethra.

The effect may not result from the acidic nature of polyphenols but possibly to a specific A type proanthocyanidin which is thought to inhibit adherence of Escherichia coli and other fimbriated bacteria to uroepithelial cells.

Although promising for anti-bacterial activity, long-term consumption of cranberry juice has not been adequately proven to reduce urinary tract infections. However, there is preliminary evidence for possible effects against urinary tract infections in women. It is thought that cranberry proanthocyanidins are responsible for the apparent efficacy of consuming cranberry juice against urinary tract infections. Their mechanism of action may be related to inhibition of adherence of Escherichia coli to urothelial cells. Similar applications have not been successfully proven in other clinical trials of consuming cranberry juice or tablets by people with spinal cord injury associated with bladder catheterization, neurogenic bladder or infrequent urination, any of which may be associated with increased susceptibility to bacterial infections.
See the receptionist on your way out for payment arrangements.