Music Banter - View Single Post - passanger
Thread: passanger
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
stevesonthebay
Music Addict

Default passanger

i heard this song by passenger, let her go and just wanted to share it with you.
i had heard the song a couple of times and seen the video and thought this sounds different. a sort of mixture of sounds a bit country a bit bluesy a bit of folk and some rock. it turns out that mike Rosenberg who was in the original band named passenger kept the name on when he went solo. the band cited that the reason they broke up is because of mike Rosenberg insistence on singing with a ridiculous mock foreign accent" that now seems to be what makes him different.
turns out he started to get a name for himself here in Australia going to the music festivals and started to get a following. he recorded his album in Sydney and was joined by some of Australia best talent. now has a hit album and touring with Jools Holland, Ed Sheeran and joined Australian acts the John Butler Trio, and Josh Pyke with a co-headlined UK tour. He also opened for Ed Sheeran's 2012 North American tour [7] and also in Paris.
i like the use of banjos and what looks like some sort of ukulele. a mixture of folk/rock, blue grass and Irish folk lore.. reminds me of another band i like Mumford and sons. hope you like.

Passenger - Let Her Go [Official Video] - YouTube