Music Banter - View Single Post - YorkeDaddy Revisists Albums He Used to Hate
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Great idea. I do something a little similar in my journal called Last Chance Saloon, where I look at an album I've never liked, or "got", and give it one more chance, just to see if as you say, time and experience changes my impression of it. To date, really none have. But it's still interesting to do. You feel like your're finally giving the albums a proper chance.

Great review of "Rumours", which is, of course, one of the greatest albums ever of the period. The vocal talents of Stevie, Chrissie and Lindsey just blow you away and the album is, as you say, a mix of ballads and uptempo rockers with quite a bit of the old bluesy Fleetwood Mac in there too. And then there's the picture of a young sexy innocent looking Stevie on the back. Whooarrr!

I love the fact that you've gone total 180 on this album, and I bet your dad is happy you finally get it. Interested to see how the next reviews turn out.

Oh, and welcome to Journal Land! You're in for Sunday's update, fo' sho', as they say!
Thanks for the kind words! I'm actually home from college and I immediately told my dad about my new opinion of Rumours. Needless to say, he was glad to hear it

It feels good to be a part of Journal Land now! :P Can't wait to keep posting more updates. I think instances like with Rumours where I do a complete 180 with my opinion will be fairly rare, but I think doing this is still very worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
By the way, what kind of music DO you listen to?
I'm sure any kind of music deserves a journal, especially if there isn't one already about it!
I guess the kind of music I listen to is pretty similar to everyone else on this forum, except for the fact that I'm really not a fan of Progressive Rock. I can stomach Floyd and Jethro Tull's Aqualung is one of my favorites, but I just don't enjoy bands like Rush or Genesis. My favorite artists are The National and Elliott Smith, so I guess slow, soothing, moody indie rock type stuff are what I enjoy the most.
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote