Music Banter - View Single Post - Do The Order Of Songs On An Album Really Matter To You?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Uncle Vernon
Groupie

I'm an album guy. Ever since I started listening to music seriously with Led Zeppelin (who were always an album band) I've always seen albums as one piece of art. So in 90% of the music I listen to, the order matters as the album is a piece of art that was made in a certain way for a reason. But then again, a lot of early jazz and blues were recorded before albums became a thing, so then it doesn't really matter. A lot of 60's soul focuses on singles and the album is never really thought out as an album, so that's also an exception.

The shuffle function is one I use if I listen to any of these genres and I want it to get more exciting, or if I've created say a hip hop playlist with songs and I want to be surprised. But putting "The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady" on shuffle would never work for me for example. I must say though, that it is fun at times putting your whole music library on shuffle...
Uncle Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote