Music Banter - View Single Post - 55 or so bands i think should have been on William the Bloody's list
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

thanks man

well i'm sitting here waiting for Game of Thrones to start so i might as well do another

54. The Pist (punk rock), Waterbury, CT era:1992-1996

The Pist were a straight out punk rock tour de force....in the mid to late 90s there was a great influx of DIY bands coming from all around and playing all sub genres....Blanks 77, Aus Rotten, Ottawa and at the time a very little known band called Jawbreaker....The Pist were very much in this group

out of all the bands i just listed (save Jawbreaker) The Pist are really one of the only bands from that time that still do anything for me....it is straight by the numbers hardcore punk rock (not a bad thing at all)....fast short songs, anti authoritative and well....Pist...and in a time when metal and emotion were starting to take over the scene it was nice to hear some straight on circle pit and sing along punk music

i first found The Pist from two comps i bought back in 1994 Pogo attack and Punk USA....on the latter is a track called Threat...and still to this day it gets me hyper as all hell...."as long as we're alive then PUNKS NOT DEAD YET!"

Threat

Destroy Society

Right To Choose
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote