Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the Only Person Who Doesn't Use Ernie Ball Strings
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
anathematized_one
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Thats my fault, I forgot to mention I'm a bass player, if that makes any difference. But I do use Finger Ease on 6 and 12 string acoustics and electric guitars as well.
I guess what might work for one, doesn't always do the same for another.

Its like, I'm addicted to it in a small way or something. I just hate the extra drag I get from my (Bass) strings dry, without straying them down first (Let strings, fretboard dry a little) before playing. I sometimes spray the back of the neck also. I will admit, it takes a little more time and effort into the cleaning of the guitar itself using Finger Ease.

And for the same reason I use Elixirs on acoustics, they have a coating over the strings that supposedly, add life and better action to the strings, and I like the full and bright ring I get with Elixir strings on the acoustic too.
That is why I use Martin phosphor-bronze on acoustic, they have a wamer tone. Same with FireWire on electric—warmer and thicker.

I play bass too, GHS is what I use there but, I haven't really tried others (many of the others I have come across are like $40).

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2