Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #101 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Demo Today Gone Tomorrow: I Couldn't Think of Anything More Clever - Part VI

Dr. Shrinker: Wedding the Grotesque - 1989

I remember BastardofYoung mentioning this death metal band way back when, so I'm giving them a shot.

God damn, that is some extreme shit for 1989. Obviously a grindcore influence there. The music is heavy and brutal, but the shrieking vocals are rather cartoonish and seem out of place.

Hahaha! The production on track two just totally fucked up. The audio went out in the left side of my headphones and then came back. I replayed it and apparently that's just what it sounds like. Sweet.

The music is pretty sweet, but those vocals are really making it hard to care. No wonder they never got very far. They really needed to boot him out of the band. They're a death metal band, not Destruction.

Yeah, I think I'm done. The vocalist has me checked out at this point and I don't see it getting any better.

Spoiler for ****:

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote