Music Banter - View Single Post - Powerstar's Thought-Filled Barf Of Musicalness
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
Powerstars
Music Addict

RANT #002 - 12-12-12 Album
I'm not going to review this album because I don't know (or care, in some cases) about some of the respective artists and I don't really know how to approach reviewing a live album. But I am going to rant. Why? Because in all, the concert featured 62 songs. But the album only has 24. I understand they wanted to fit it in the space of a double album and all, but here's an idea: if we had a triple/quadruple album, we could raise more money to help New York recover from the god dang hurricane! I understand it may take time to produce the album and such, but personally, I think the audio sounded fine at the concert itself, it didn't need much production. Heck, I probably could've produced everything in Audacity myself.

Second thing wrong with this rushed release is the fact that 2 of the artists from the concert aren't even on the album. First up is Kayne West (Which I'm not too bummed about, but still), and second, and way more maddening is the removal of "Cut Me Some Slack" by Paul McCartney and the remaining members of Nirvana...Sirvana, if you will. I might've let it slide if I thought it was because Courtney Love would've sued (Being Courtney Love and all), but no! It's on the Sound City soundtrack, which I now have to go buy because, for one reason or another, they decided including one of the highlights (along with The Who doing "Bell Boy" with Keith Moon via archival footage, also not included on the album) wasn't gonna be a good idea! *sigh* Hopefully I'll get a new review out this week, but ya never know, so until next time, peace!