Music Banter - View Single Post - Pianoriental by Maurice El Medioni
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Default Pianoriental by Maurice El Medioni

This is an invitation for anyone to comment on or ask about an album that recently won a FAIR album club poll:-
Quote:

Pianoriental by Maurice El Medioni (2000)

This accomplished piano player learned his trade in the bars of Algeria during the Second World War, but it seems that he didn´t record anything until this century. So although this album has a modern date, it preserves a spirit from about 75 years ago. With a slightly dated sound and a sophisticated blend of styles, it´s easy to conjure up visions from the movie Casablanca as you listen to this virtuoso playing.

On this link, you can hear the whole album. (If that´s too much to take in all at once, take a break and go back another day; this album is a slow grower imo.)

Music of Algeria cha3bi Maurice El Medioni Maurice El Medioni Pianoriental ?????? ?????? ???? ????? ???????? ????? ????????
So does anyone have an opinion, a story to tell or a comparison to make about Maurice El Medioni ? It was only recently and by chance that I found this album, so I´d be curious to know if anyone else has come across it before.