Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #9615 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post

The Heliocentrics - Out There (2007)
I've been digging their new one 13 Degrees of Reality but it made me revisit their first album. Damn, it's really a shame I didn't listen to this more when I first discovered it. I've played it as many times since hearing their new one as I did prior to that. Which is to say, twice each time, but it deserves many more listens than that. It's a fantastic blend of Nu Jazz, Jazz Funk, Acid Jazz, and Instrumental Hip-Hop to an extent. Cool vocal samples here and there, just a really laid back and funky trip. I think it's fair to say that no matter how much I was impressed with 13 Degrees of Reality, I like this one better. I might have to bump my rating from 4 to 4.5. It can get a little long sometimes depending on what you're doing, but if you've got time and the attention span, it delivers.

A few comments from RYM reviewers that I find accurate:

Translation: "You would think this abstract instrumental experimentalism would get annoying after a while, but no."
You got me again, Sidewinder. I haven't even listened to the last one yet, but this sounds great, and I am putting it into my "to listen" list... you don't happen to have a link, do you? Spotify isn't showing it up.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote