Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #12224 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Sara, I know I've asked before and I know the current jobs climate is terrible, but have you tried to get another job? You seem to hate this one so much, and it's doing such terrible things to you, I honestly think it's harmful staying at it. Everyone has bills to pay of course and when I was working I would have the odd bad day, but no-one ever hoped I got raped or hit me with a death threat. Surely that can't be worth continuing in? Jesus, unemployment benefit would be better than suffering though what you are! Have you considered looking for another job?

I really hope you get out of there; I'm afraid it's going to end up killing you, or turning you into something you're not.

All I can do is send my best wishes and some flowers. Hope it gets better.

Thank you, Trollheart. I've tried, but there's nothing else that isn't either a.) The same exact job for a different company or b.) Paying less without the option for full-time and benefits.

I do have full coverage insurance for health, vision, and dental, so that's definitely a plus. And I have worked minimum wage jobs before, including fast food...which included elderly women THROWING sandwiches at me because they had ketchup or mustard on them. And a few instances of people grabbing my shirt to yell at me.

At least with this job, there's no physical assault.

It's not great, but I get almost $5 above minimum wage, full time scheduling, and I'm good enough here at dealing with phone bull**** to be a "mentor," which means they randomly pull me off of the phone to test people who are in training. I'm able to get off the phones and put it in as downtime, so that's fantastic.

I'm really not sure why they want me to do this, though. Out of laziness and bitterness, I've had my share of questionable QA (quality assurance) scores, but they seem to track me down every single time they need a mentor or someone for a trainee to split in (plug their headset into mine and listen to and observe my calls, so they know what their job entails) with.

I mean, I'm almost always in the top five of collections for the day, but I really don't think that my eight months of experience make me the best candidate for what they're asking me to do.

I just do my job, and try not to screw it up that badly.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote