Music Banter - View Single Post - Ghost Mall Music
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

I think a very good answer would be told in full at this site...

DeadMalls.com

Many of them were seriously left for dead, with quite a few of them housing a store or three. Sometimes the owners would turn them into "Industrial Parks" - possibly just something to call them as they wait to tear the building down, just like what happened to the North Towne Mall very recently after a time of being a serious post-apocalyptic dump filled with graffiti and dealers.

DeadMalls.com: North Towne Square Mall: Toledo, Ohio

My memories of that mall remain with the West Wing featuring Camelot Music, home to a lot of my favorite bargain bin finds and actually a few Indie albums. Next to it was the very infamous Chick-Fil-A. In the middle, there was the Dollar Cinema with the arcade right across from it, and around that area having a Chess King. On the East Wing, there would be the Musicland, which lost a customer in me (Until that very last day I went there...I forgot about it until later) after telling me that they don't sell Punk Albums after asking about getting a Fleshtones album on special order...I guess they forgot about selling IRS' Greatest Hits Parts 2 and 3 with The Fleshtones there some time before (or maybe that the Regan Era was really in full force, I don't know).

The AMC was sold to National Amusements in The Late 90's, and it's obvious that they were really the only company in The US to own the majority of theaters...and I wonder why our cinema going experience was getting bland as hell with a lot of the same flicks playing everywhere. It was not as fun, that's all I will say.

I wished that I was there when they had NRM, though. I missed that quick era before it closed.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote