Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #13269 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

When I first saw the trailer for this one I was anxious to see it but also skeptical. I’m always skeptical when it comes to comedies. I have favorites but most were made in the 70s and 80s such as Airplane! and basically anything Bill Murray touched. Today there have been a few I liked such as Anchorman, Step Brothers, Superbad, and Pineapple Express, but there have been some horrible ones such as anything with Vince Vaughn or Adam Sandler. This is the End is joining the former group. I loved it. It’s so off the walls bat**** insane that it’s hard to believe that some of the scenes actually made it into the film instead of being deemed too ridiculous. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg make their directorial debut and also pen the film. It centers around a party at James Franco’s house and that’s all you should know. Watching the trailer isn’t a bad thing but man does it help not knowing much. Every funny person under the age of 35 is in this film and it really helps that they’re all playing themselves. This is a movie where the actors can actually joke about their own careers and the careers of others. They know what people say about them and now it can all come out. It was a great experience to see a bunch of real life friends make a crazy ass hysterical movie like this. Michael Cera is the only one who doesn’t play himself, at least I hope it’s not himself. The end might be the funniest part of all. It’s a cameo you did not see coming. Hysterical. It’s one of the funniest movies to come out this decade. I mean that. See it with a bunch of people. Oh god Michael Cera…what have you become?

4.5/5

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote